Actor Gary Oldman appeared near to tears in Academy Award Acceptance Speech.
After dominating at the Golden Globes and Baftas Awards, the actor was among the favourites at the Oscars 2018.
Oldman faced a stiff competition from British nominees Daniel Kaluuya and soon-to-retire Daniel Day-Lewis, but eventually, he took the prize home.
The 59-year-old actor won the Oscar for best actor for his outstanding performance as Winston Churchill in the Second World War drama Darkest Hour.
In his speech, he recalled that “the movies, such is their power, captivated a young man from south London, and gave him a dream.”
Moreover, On his transformation that required five hours in makeup per day, the actor said, “People would stare at me because the makeup was so good you could stand an inch from me and you couldn’t tell I was wearing any.”
Rejoicing the past moments, Oldman said, “It was fascinating to people. It was really like being the prime minister for a few months.”
Expressing his gratitude towards his mother, he said, “Put the kettle on, I’m bringing Oscar home.”
Actor Frances McDormand won the award for Best Actress for her mmagnificent performance in Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.
Best Actress winner Frances McDormand says she just found out about 'inclusion riders' last week. "We're not going back," she said. "It changes now, and I think the inclusion rider will have something to do with that. Power in rules." https://t.co/6URV9Fbp52 #Oscars pic.twitter.com/X0VqCOgYmM
— ABC News (@ABC) March 5, 2018
Director’s Guillermo del Toro film “The Shape of Water” came out victorious at the 2018 Oscars after winning the Best Picture Award. Apart from that the fantasy drama also won the awards in other three categories
THE SHAPE OF WATER is the first Best Picture winner with a female lead since MILLION DOLLAR BABY thirteen years ago.
— Guy Lodge (@GuyLodge) March 5, 2018
Here is the complete list of winners in Oscars 2018:
- Best Picture: “The Shape of Water”
- Actress in a Leading Role:: Frances McDormand, “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri”
- Actor in a Leading Role: Gary Oldman, “Darkest Hour”
- Director:Guillermo del Toro, “The Shape of Water”
- Supporting Actor:Sam Rockwell, “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri”
- Supporting Actress:Allison Janney, “I, Tonya”
- Original Screenplay:“Get Out”
- Adapted Screenplay:“Call Me by Your Name”
- Foreign Language Film: “A Fantastic Woman”
- Animated Feature:“Coco”
- Visual Effects:“Blade Runner 2049”
- Film Editing:“Dunkirk”
- Animated Short:“Dear Basketball”
- Live Action Short:“The Silent Child”
- Documentary Short: “Heaven Is a Traffic Jam on the 405”
- Score:“The Shape of Water”
- Song:“Remember Me” from “Coco”
- Production Design:“The Shape of Water”
- Cinematography: “Blade Runner 2049”
- Costume Design:“Phantom Thread”
- Makeup and Hairstyling:“Darkest Hour”
- Documentary Feature: “Icarus”
- Sound Editing:“Dunkirk”
- Sound Mixing:“Dunkirk”