Shah Rukh Khan fondly known as King Khan among his fans is an indisputable King of Box office clashes.
Till date, no one could even dare to topple the Bollywood Baadshah from his throne.
Shah Rukh Khan is known for choosing risky roles also his films easily manage to break Box-office records.
Here is the list of films that tried to clash with SRK but had to face huge defeat:
- Baazigar vs Bedardi(Release Date: November 12, 1993)
The early 90’s witnessed the clash between Shah Rukh Khan’s movies Baazigar and Ajay Devgan’s Bedardi. Baazigar earned Rs.9 crore while Bedardi could collect only Rs.2 crore at the Box-office.
- Ram Jaane vs Akele Hum Akele Tum(Release Date: November 9, 1995/November 30, 1995)
This was the first battle between Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan. While Rajiv Mehra’s Ram Jaane became a hit collecting Rs.6.7 crore while Aamir Khan’s Akele Hum Akele Tum flopped at the box-office even after earning Rs.6.5 crore.
- Dilwale Dulhania Le Jaayenge vs Yaarana(Release Date: October 19, 1995,/ October 20, 1995)
One of the finest movies of Indian Cinema was released in the year 1995. The Romantic drama film was an All-time Blockbuster as it earned Rs.53 crore while Rishi Kapoor’s Yaarana could barely manage to earn around Rs.5 crore.
- Kuch Kuch Hota hai vs Bade Miyan Chote Miyan(Release Date: October 16, 1998)
Shah Rukh Khan achieved mammoth stardom when his film Kuch Kuch Hota Hai garnered Rs,42 crore crushing the duo Amitabh Bachchan and Govinda film Bade Miyan Cote Miya which earned Rs.16 crore.
- Mohabbatein vs Mission Kashmir(Release Date: October 27, 2000)
SRK yet again proved that he is King of Bollywood when his film Mohabbatein earned Rs.41 crore much more than Hrithik Roshan’s Mission Kashmir which could collect only Rs.22 crore.
- Veer Zaara vs Aitraaz(Release Date: November 12, 2004)
It was the fight between King Khan and Khiladi Kumar and once again Shah Rukh Khan proved his dominance in the film industry when Veer Zaara grossed over Rs.19 crore while Aitraz could earn only Rs.7 crore.
- Don vs Jaan-e-Mann(Release Date: October 20, 2006)
Shah Rukh Khan’s power in Bollywood was unmatchable when the Baadshah single-handedly defeated the star cast of Akshay Kumar, Salman Khan and Preity Zinta. Don earned Rs.24 crore while Jaanemann could collect only Rs.12 crore.
- Om Shanti Om vs Saawariya(Release Date: November 9, 2007)
Om Shanti Om nearly demolished the career of the debutant Ranbir Kapor when his film earned Rs.70 crore while the Saawariya could earn only Rs.24 crore.
- Jab Tak Hai Jaan vs Son of Sardar(Release Date: November 13, 2012)
Shah Rukh Khan and Ajay Devgan met at the box-office after 19 years. This time Ajay Devgan’s film earned more than Rs.105 crore but was still left behind Shah Rukh Khan as Jab Tak Hai Jaan earned over Rs.120 crore.
- Raees vs Kaabil(Release Date: January 25, 2017)
Shah Rukh Khan who came up with Raees in 2017 grossed Rs.165 crore at the box-office. While Hrithik Roshan’s Kaabil could only gross over Rs.135 crore.